Monday, May 8, 2017

May Challenges

Happy May!
Yay! The month all of us teachers have been waiting for (t-minus 13 days and counting for my school)!

Thanks Scrap Our Stash for the fun tic-tac-toe board. I used a journal card, the color yellow and 3 patterned papers. I cut the "lattice" with my Silhouette and then used different chalks to to color it.

I loved this new "Faith" line from Simple Stories. It was perfect to document this time of my life. God has been teaching me so many lessons about trusting Him. It's always important to look back and remember our victories. So, even though I'm still walking through the unknown, I will look back at remember how He saw me through each and every challenge.






I also used the Simple Stories Faith line for the challenges from Let's Scrap Sketches and Let's Get Sketchy and created this layout.  I used the sketch from Let's Get Sketchy and Tania's beautiful mixed media ideas as a spring board to create this layout. I then embellished the page using the Tic-Tac-Toe grid from Let's Scrap Sketches (hearts, the color gold and brads).

I've also been playing with my new Fuse tool and decided to create a photo sleeve to contain my main picture, glitter and journaling. I added another picture underneath the flap because I had a color copy of the same photo and couldn't decide which one I liked better! Haha! 



Using my Fuse tool I sealed this photo sleeve and added some glitter for a fun punch.


Here is what the journaling inset looks like!


The final product (with the journaling flap open)



Thanks so much for swinging by my blog! Have a great week!

26 comments:

  1. What a very pretty page. Love the details and stash use. Thanks for your entry in our SOS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout! Love your photos and journaling. And this is one of my favorite paper collections. Nice work! Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous layout! Love all the details. Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your layout is lovely and cheerful - thanks for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic, well done. Thanks for joining us at 'Lets Scrap Sketches'. Jonnece DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic and a great take on the challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at Lets Get Sketchy:)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful take on the challenge, thanks so much for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on the Tic Tac Toe challenge. Thanks for jouining us at let's scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very pretty layout!!! thank you so much for joining us at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the little hearts, so, so cute. Really pretty work and great take on the LGS sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool page!Love the lattice and that cute mason jar :) Thank you for Tic Tac Toeing with us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable! thank you so much for joining us at LGS:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome layouts Bethany! Love this paper line and what you did with the sketches and challenges this month! Thanks for playing along with Let's Scrap Sketches' NSD challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the interpretation into a double page layout! Very pretty layout! Thanks for joining us at Let's Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wonderful page........ I love double pages....... thanks for playing along at LGS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great take on the challenge. Thanks for joining in with us this month at Let’s Get Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Bethany!!! Love this page (and all of your work I just glanced at here on your blog! Thanks for joining in at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great take on the sketch! Thank you for stopping by & joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful double page layout! What not to love here??? Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great take on the challenge. Love the lattice and your color palette. Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a fun layout, thanks for joining LGS

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fabulous page! Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautifully done, thanks so much for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely page, I love your choice of designpaper!
    Thanks for joining us at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome page...Thanks for playing along with Let's Scrap Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the mixed media! Thanks for playing along at Let's Scrap!

    ReplyDelete